What we do
We specialise in project management for LED lighting and sensor control projects to the public and private sector. But we do much more than just supply lights, our services include;
Why we do it
We're spending more and more of our lives indoors; EGG lighting exists to make the spaces that people inhabit work for them just a little bit better.
We've worked on projects just like yours; so we know what you'll need.
EGG lighting designs a wide variety of our own luminaires, and we are an official Luceco UK distribution partner.
Choose one or a combination of; Occupancy, Daylight, Timer depending on what's suitable for your premises.
Reseach & Development
We have a dedicated R&D department here at EGG lighting. Whether you need a bespoke technical solution, or want to explore whole new avenues of lighting in the IoT.
Secure Door Entry
Our social housing and care home clients often have specific needs for secure entry. Keep it simple and upgrade your door entry system at the same time as your security lighting.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Our electricians are approved in EV charging installation. Hotels want to provide well lit parking spaces, and luxury facilities. Get both done at once with EGG lighting.
What sets us apart
Simply put? Energy and material efficiency made easy, personal, and affordable.
When a facilities manager is looking to upgrade their property portfolio traditionally they have one of two options:
1. D.I.Y.: Choose the lighting, purchase it, and hire electricians to do a point-to-point replacement. This option is preferred when the FM does not require an ROI, the premises is not changing functions, and they know the lighting levels meet the current CIBSE standards for LUX levels and uniformity. This is the cheapest route - but has the least flexibility and the solution is less efficient than it could be.
2. Architects: The FM may choose to commission a professional lighting design from an architectural firm. This will guarantee the buildings light levels are fit for it's purposes, and then the FM will purchase the recommended lights, and hire electricians to install them following the design. Clearly, this is an expensive route but it will provide high standards and tailored designs for customers.
EGG lighting presents a third option.
3. EGG lighting: We provide professional designs at affordable prices. It’s unusual for a lighting company to offer start to finish service, and we do this because we know our customers find it tedious to contract multiple parties to carry out an industrial scale energy savings project.
We identify each customers areas of maximum savings ratio to least capital expenditure; and then provide everything they need to complete it, from: Site Survey > Grant Application Support > Digital Lighting Designs > Return on Investment Documentation > Supply > Install > Aftercare
We are the proud winners of the Global Game Changers 2018 Award, in the category 'Circular Breakthrough' sponsored by Circular Glasgow. The award was hosted by The Herald newspaper in partnership with Innovators Magazine to celebrate innovations, practices and initiatives that advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Lux Awards has established itself as the most highly regarded awards scheme in the business. The Lux Awards are designed to celebrate and reward both creativity and sustainability, recognising companies have used lighting in exceptional ways to improve their lit environment and reduce energy.
At the Lux Awards 2018 EGG lighitng were presented a commendation for our developments in bringing the circular economy to customers, with our upgradable luminaire 'The Stroma'.
Update Nov 2018: We're pleased to announce EGG lighting as the winner of the Glasgow Guarantee Business of the Year Award 2018 (in association with Glasgow City Council and the Scottish Government) - celebrating our companies continued investment in our local community, and our support of young people and graduates in the workplace.
It started with the Energy-Egg, which would eventually inspire the name 'EGG lighting'.
Our parent company TreeGreen Ltd was registered in 2007 by company director Brian O'Reilly. He appeared on the popular BBC TV show Dragons Den, with self developed and patented sensor technology. The product was called the ‘energy-egg’, an automated energy saving switch for the domestic market.
Having specialised in sensors, Brian identified a strong opportunity between sensors and the lighting sector. This let to us trading under the name EGG lighting in 2013.
The growing EGGlighting made its name in the social housing sector, through providing lighting for communal close areas and secure door entry systems.
It was in 2015 that we won with a design and build contract from WHMalcolms and Scottish Prison Service. This is where we began differentiating ourselves as a company that could take the reins on project management, providing all start to finish services on our projects.
The legacy of the energy-egg lives on through our investment in technology and innovation, not to mention as our namesake. We are unusual for lighting company in that we spend a high percentage of resources on R&D, so we’ve always got some exciting projects on the horizon. Watch this space for more details on innovations like ‘lighting as a service’ (LAAS), Wi-Fi light switches and Bluetooth Mesh augmented lighting.
Our Industry ties are key ingredients in providing assurance to new customers and forging connections that last. We’re proud to be members of professional lighting design & resource efficiency organisations. And we have completed projects supported by organisations that have an aligned interest in supporting the resilience of SME’s and the circular economy.
In using the Constructionline platform, buyers can expect to simplify and speed up their search, validation and purchasing decision processes considerably, improving resource and cost efficiency.
The UK and Ireland's largest professional lighting association. The ILP raises awareness about the important contribution of lighting to road safety, crime prevention and the environment.
Resource Efficient Scotland, is a programme delivered by Zero Waste Scotland. The programme offers free advice and technical support as well as the sharing of best practices and new technologies.
The ETL is a government-managed list, and part of the Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) tax scheme. Many of our products can be found on this list and therefore qualify for 100% ECA tax relief.
We are active in the local community and often participate in events that contribute towards understanding of energy and material efficiency. Any press enquiries can be directed towards [email protected].
- Environmental Journal: EGG lighting consults on blue light health report
- Global Game Changers: Circular Breakthrough Recognition for EGG lighting
- Lighting as a Service: Zero Waste Scotland Case Study
- Company Profile & Case Study: Circular Glasgow (An Initiative by Glasgow Chambers of Commerce)
- Guest Blog Post: Ending the depression of planned obsolescence